India and China in recent face-off in Arunachal Pradesh, no “relevant information” from Chinese Foreign Ministry

Zhao Lijian, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson stated to the media, “I am not aware of relevant information.”

0
75

New Delhi: Last week the India and China armed soldiers were included in a tense face-off along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Tawang sector, Arunachal Pradesh, officials acquainted with the development of the situation stated on Friday. The recent confrontation came at the time at which both sides were making arrangements to hold the next round of military talks to cool down the tensions rising in the Ladakh sector.

The face-off took happened near Yangtse when both sides came face-to-face, with the armed soldiers demanding each other to retreat to their respective areas, stated an official.

“The face-off lasted a few hours before the matter was resolved at the level of local commanders,” said the other official

“Both sides undertake patrolling activities up to their perception of the border. Whenever patrols of both sides physically meet, the situation is managed according to established protocols and mechanisms. Physical engagement can last for a few hours prior to disengaging as per mutual understanding. This is routine business,” he added.

However, the Chinese foreign ministry said they didn’t have “relevant information” about the clash.

Zhao Lijian, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson stated to the media, “I am not aware of relevant information.”

The recent incident happened weeks after a Chinese patrol of 100 soldiers crossed LAC in Uttarakhand’s central sector and vandalized a footbridge while going back to the other side on August 30. The area in which the face-off took place is managed by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.

“PLA plans to keep the entire border active so that they can keep reinforcing their claims. It can also be an act of creeping assertiveness to subsequently lay a claim to these areas,” former Northern Army commander Lieutenant General BS Jaswal stated.

Manoj Mukund Naravane, Army Chief General said last week that the next round of military talks with the Chinese PLA to reduce the built tensions along LAC in the eastern region of Ladakh could happen in October second week.

He stated that the situation on the LAC was under control and the other problems regarding PLA could be resolved through military talks.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here